Thursday, May 19, 2005

Competitiveness vs. fatherhood

My mom just gave me the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit DVD Saga Edition game the other day, and Julianna was itching to play it against me. Now, this is a problem for me - I'm a very competitive person when it comes to games, I'm pretty good at normal trivia games, and I'm a complete Star Wars fanboy. I tried my best to restrain myself (she's only 7), but I beat her. Twice. I did my best to help her along, and I managed to make it close (both games she had at least 4 wedges), but I had to win. Actually, by the end of the second game, it was getting to be way past her bedtime, so I just wanted to end it quickly. I comfort myself with the thought that it will help her to be a good sport about winning and losing.

Before going to bed, Julianna told me that she plans to challenge Kristen to the game tomorrow. She's pretty confident of her chances. So am I. Sorry, dear, but your daughter is gonna kick your butt all the way to Tatooine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just finally saw this. Just so you know, I let her win that day.