Monday, November 08, 2004

Heavy: Day 1

Stepped on a scale today. 299 lbs. Okay, so that's my starting point. I'm thinking of targeting 20 lbs by my birthday (April). That's not too ambitious - about 1 lb per week or so.

Today was TGIM at the office (Thank Goodness It's Monday - if it weren't for the fact that he seems dead serious about it, I'd say that my boss has a very sick sense of humour). TGIM means cinnamon buns. Cinnamon buns means temptation. Temptation leads to weakness. Weakness leads to eating. Eating leads to guilt. Guilt leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate... leads to suffering.

Ok, so that last bit went a little too far. But I did blow it - had one bun at morning coffee break (with my Diet Pepsi) and another at afternoon coffee break. I hate to admit this, but that is actually cutting back for me - it's often been two at each break. I also walked to and from work this afternoon, but didn't get on the exercise bike.

It's a start, I guess.

No comments: