Thursday, November 22, 2007

Music Video Thursday: "Piano Concerto no. 3 in C minor (op 37), 3rd Movement"

This past weekend I took my older daughters to the symphony, along with my parents, where we got to see Angela Cheng perform Beethoven's Piano Concerto no. 3 in C minor (op 37) with the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra. It's been a long time since I've been to the symphony, and the first time for the girls, and was a wonderful experience, and I thought I'd take a break from the usual goofy crap that I post here, and try to get classy. Here's the 3rd movement of that concerto, as performed by Alfred Brendel with Claudio Abbado and the Lucerne Festival Orchestra:



I really enjoy reading the comments on YouTube for classical music - just like any other music videos, the conversation quickly devolves into a flame-war, albeit much more polite and well-articulated.

No comments: