Thursday, January 18, 2007

Music Video Thursday: "The Hardest Button to Button"

I'm not sure if I really understand The White Stripes. There's just the two of them - Meg White on drums, and Jack White on just about everything else (but primarily guitars and lead vocals). They claim to be siblings, but they were actually married in 1996 and divorced in 2000. Jack is a very versatile and talented musician, but it seems sometimes that Meg is barely able to keep a steady beat. I'm just not sure I understand them.

But I guess I don't really need to understand them to enjoy their surprisingly catchy tunes or their eye-catching videos. "The Hardest Button to Button" is one of their most famous videos:



And you know that you've made it when the Simpsons decide to parody you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, besides the Superbowl in a couple weeks, I'm back on the range with my homepage. NFL.com has far too many video-on-demand to keep me distracted anyways so its all for the best.
I saw this strips video once last year but couldn't remember the name of the song. Nice find. Cool video indeed. Worthy of Thursday's pic.
I picked up iLife today for $58 from the university so not as costly as expected. iPhoto is real nice compared to the old one. Anywhoo, this is turning into an email so I'm off. You'll have your baby back by Thursday hopefully.
Leif