- We bought an aquarium (120 gal), and we're in the process of cycling it with a dozen pristella tetras. Very relaxing to sit and watch the fish swimming around at the end of the day.
- We have successfully survived a couple trips to Saskatoon, so the curse appears to be broken.
- I've been reading the Narnia books to the girls for their bedtime stories - so far, we've finished "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe", "The Magician's Nephew", and "The Horse and His Boy", and we just started on "Prince Caspian" this week. They've been absolutely engrossed in the stories, which makes me a happy geek daddy.
- We (me and Kristen) have watched a ton of Babylon 5 (we're now about 2/3rds of the way through the second season), and I'm loving every minute of it. I picked up season 3 at Wal-Mart on one of our city trips, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to shell out for seasons 4 and 5. We also managed to find time to watch the extended edition of "The Return of the King", which we also enjoyed a lot.
- NERD ALERT: At work, we've just finished setting up a subversion source control system, running on Debian sarge... I am seriously loving working with Debian, after my years of working with Red Hat - apt-get is amazing, and the Synaptic Package Manager is a work of art as far as I am concerned. I'm thinking that as we replace systems at work, I'm going to use Debian instead of Red Hat - the only place that we may have problems is with our Lyris system, which is a Red Hat only system. If I could find a decent replacement for Lyris that works well with Debian (and preferably costs a whole lot less), I'd be tempted to replace that one as well.
Friday, March 25, 2005
Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?
Yes, it appears that I have been neglecting my blog the last few weeks... not that nothing has been happening, I just haven't gotten around to writing about it. Here's what's been happening lately: